"What is a Lead Magnet".
A Lead Magnet is an incentive that is used by a marketer to offer potential buyers in exchange for their name, email
address, phone number, or any other contact information. The most effective Lead Magnets are FREE and can be
digitally downloaded, like a PDF Checklist, E-Book, Case Study, Video Training etc.
There is no two ways about it. For your online business to get quality leads, you need a lead magnet. Potential buyers guard their email. It's like their personal and safe space in their home. They just wont let anyone in. So, you better
have a darn good offer on the table for them to quickly give you their email address. It's your job as a business owner to give them value, even though it is free. That is the psychology behind it all. The potential buyer thinks, "Wow, if
this lady gave me this for free, imagine the value I will get when I decide to buy!". Therefore, you must deliver,
In my own business, I have had many lead magnets that always get me results. Those results, came by creating an offer that is just irresistible!
What makes a good Lead Magnet?
To get the attention of your ideal clients, there are key elements of an irresistible Lead Magnet that must be present.
1. It must solve at least one REAL problem FAST - And your Lead Magnet should deliver on that promise. The problem should be something that your ideal client is burning to solve. That way, they are more likely to remain on your list.
2. Must be SPECIFIC - The recipient must be clear on your offering, or they will just ignore it.
3. MUST GIVE VALUE - This is in all caps, because it is the factor that makes the ideal client say YES to your offer.
4. Must be easy to access - Your lead magnet must be easy to get. Don't complicate things with to many words. The Opt-In should be above the fold, so the client can take action quickly.
5. Be the expert! - Hey, you are giving something of value, therefore, you must show up as the expert. Don't quench your goodness! Give the best of you in your Lead Magnet, and watch your list grow!
In the Free Resources below you will find a list of 40 Lead Magnets you can utilize for your online business. You can choose as many as you like, as long as it is in alignment with the specific goal you want to achieve.
The New Year causes us to have feelings of newness all around. With that momentum, I want you to think about new business ideas. There is absolutely no reason why you can't start a new business to add to your income stream. With advancements to the Internet, it is now as easy as ever to get new ideas. You can also start without a dime.
In this Blog, I show you the ways you can get those ideas.
You can think about these things:
1. Do you want to have a product or service based business? If you love selling, or have some capital to invest, you can create an online store to sell products that are in demand. If you love to serve, or have a special talent or skill, you can look at starting a service based business. Weigh the pros and cons, and look at what will be best for you.
2. What are you good at? Go back over your past jobs or talents and detail what you are good at. What excites you? What can you do that is better than anyone else? Think on these things and write them down.
3. What do people say you are good at? Ok, you don't want to pat your own back. So, ask at least five of your close relatives or friends what they would say is your spacial skill. They will tell you! Write down their responses.
4. What big problem needs a solution? There are so many challenges in the world today. Write down what challenges you face on a daily basis that don't have solutions. Think about how you can fulfill the needs of those challenges.
5. What service or product do you wish was around that just isn't?
6. Analyse trends. Search on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit and BuzzFeed for what's trending. Look at what people are talking and raving about. Once you get in early on trends, it's much easier to capitalize on early entry products and services.
7. Make a business out of your own ideas! Become an "Idea Bank". Compile and list business ideas that you have researched
Kelisha Mills is a Blog Contributor to #BossBabe and other private companies. She shares about her life and business, and how to grow them.